Lasso is the first platform to empower healthcare marketers with 100% deterministic insights across any digital channel for both HCP and consumer-targeted campaigns.
Measuring social media and CTV has historically been a difficult task as both platforms operate as “walled gardens” - restricting the user and impression level data that is shared. For far too long, healthcare marketers have been forced to rely on multiple 3rd-party solutions and projected metrics to measure their ROI, leading to issues with data loss, reporting delays, and slow optimizations. We built a Measurement Suite into our end-to-end platform to enable fast, deterministic, and actionable real-world insights for every campaign, channel, and target audience. Leveraging our in-house Identity Solution and in-house media tagging, Lasso is able to deterministically link real-world actions back to media exposure for both HCP and DTC audiences.
During mid-late 2021, CMI Media Group ran a media campaign targeting Dermatologists across social media and CTV on behalf of a leading psoriasis brand. Their goal was to increase engagement, awareness, and total prescriptions written for the brand. CMI then tapped Lasso to measure the real-world ROI resulting from the campaign.
For this campaign, Lasso measured both Gross and Net prescription impact for both social media and CTV tactics.
Our Best-In-Class Measurement
Lasso Vision™ Gross Rx Reporting Methodology:
- Pull in media exposure data and connect to the Lasso Identity Solution
- Query the certified HIPAA-compliant medical and scripts claims warehouse for the activity of exposed HCPs
- Aggregate post media exposure claims data for: Total Transactions (TRx), New Transactions (NRx), New Patients, and New Prescribers
Vision provides weekly real-world activity from individuals exposed to media, so insights are specific to the campaign reach, empowering brands to make in-flight optimizations.
Taking that data to the next level, we also completed a Net Impact Analysis to tell the full ROI story for the brand.
Lasso’s Control/Test Net Impact Analysis Methodology:
- Pull in media exposure data and connect to the Lasso Identity Graph
- 1-to-1 matching with a control group of unexposed individuals based on proximity of behaviors, across specific demographic, identity, and medical variables
- Query the medical & script claims warehouse for the activity of exposed and control group
- Aggregate post-exposure data for each exposed and control pair
Lasso is the only solution to deterministically showcase the net impact of healthcare campaigns, for any audience or media type, across any channel.
Given that the brand was already very well established, the results we uncovered for CMI Media Group below are remarkable.
Gross Rx Metrics
Lasso Vision revealed:
- A High Volume of New Prescriber and Patient Conversion: 38 new Dermatologists writing for the Psoriasis brand and 1,015 new patients starting on the brand as a result of this campaign
- CTV Impact: There was a total of 811 prescriptions written by Dermatologists exposed to CTV during the campaign
- Social Media Impact: A total of 2,749 prescriptions were written by Dermatologists exposed to social media during the campaign
Net Rx Impact
Our Net Impact Analysis compares the prescription writing activity of exposed HCPs to their unexposed counterparts. Results showed that HCPs exposed to media onboarded an impressive 38.24% more new patients to the brand. Furthermore, exposed HCPs wrote 25.48% more new prescriptions and 30.87% more total prescriptions compared to HCPs not exposed to campaign media.
This study proves that marketers no longer need to rely on projected metrics for campaigns that were traditionally difficult to measure real-world actions for. Lasso's ability to measure the real-world impact of any campaign, on any channel, for any audience is a huge win for healthcare marketing. For this campaign, we were able to deterministically link social media and CTV media exposure to real-world HCP and consumer activity. Bridging this gap means empowering brands with a better understanding of the real-world impact for every tactic, something previously unavailable to most. This further allows marketers to leverage a true omnichannel strategy and more intelligent decision-making in their campaigns.
Get Started With Better Campaign Insights
Healthcare brands who can effectively track the real world results of every media tactic are better able to understand the full impact of their marketing dollars. Want to analyze all of your media campaigns, no matter where you activate? Get in touch with your Lasso representative or get started with a platform demo.