Lasso is the only solution to showcase the real-world value of your healthcare campaigns, for any audience or media type.
The key to creating relevant and valuable experiences for consumer audiences is high quality campaign data. This is especially true in the healthcare and pharma industry, where meaningful media engagement can very well mean better patient outcomes. In today’s world, it’s more imperative than ever to strike the right balance between digital and in-person experiences. This case study demonstrates just how using online media and point of care tactics to reach consumer audiences can lead to more pharmacy activity.
In Q1 of this year, a leading pharma advertiser tapped us to help them better understand the synergies that may exist from exposing consumers to digital media and at points of care, such as pharmacies.
For this campaign, modeled consumer audiences were strategically chosen within the diabetes space and in pharmacy placements, targeting specific regions across the United States. The audiences were segmented by:
- Insulin Treaters
- High Blood Sugar Treaters
- Diagnosed with Cardiovascular Disease
Lasso’s Unique Net Measurement Methodology for DTC Campaigns
Our Measurement Suite empowers deeper, faster, and better insights for marketers. We’re able to eliminate unnecessary delays in reporting and maintain 100% determinism with in-house media tagging and our proprietary Identity Resolution, rather than relying on third-party vendors as other solutions in the market do. This way, detailed analytics are surfaced directly in our platform, reducing the time interval for reporting from many months to a matter of weeks.
Here’s how our test and control measurement process works:
1. Pull in media exposure data and connect to the Lasso Identity Resolution
2. Pair exposed and control-group individuals in a 1-to-1 matching process across specific demographic, identity, and medical variables.
For this diabetes campaign, the following variables were used for the 1-to-1 matching process:
- Age (5-year buckets)
- Zip Ccode
- Insulin Treatment
- Diagnosed with CVD
- Treating High Blood Sugar
3. Query the medical & script claims warehouse for the activity of exposed and control groups
4. Aggregate post-exposure data for each exposed and control pair
For this study, we aggregated the post-exposure activity during the first quarter of 2022 for each matched test/control pair, including total transactions, new prescriptions, and new to brand patients for all three audience segments along with the pharmacy population.
We saw three main trends in the measurement results.
- Net Benefit of Online & Offline Media: Of all the overlapped Digital & Pharmacy populations, Insulin Treaters was the only modeled audience that saw a net benefit post exposure to both digital and in-pharmacy advertisements.
- Value of Point of Care Tactics: The Pharmacy-only population saw significant benefit across transaction, prescription, and new patient lift, proving the value of point of care tactics on consumer audiences.
- Total Script Lift: Overall, the populations of Insulin Treaters and Insulin Treaters Also Exposed to In-pharmacy Ads saw the highest script lift compared to their matched control group.
This study is a clear demonstration of why Lasso’s measurement model works. The unprecedented granularity, determinism, and flexibility of our Measurement Suite illuminates the power of your marketing investment, for digital and non-digital tactics, whether your target audiences are healthcare providers or consumers.
In this case, our client was able to understand the full ROI story for each audience segment and each media tactic or combination of tactics. This allows them to make more intelligent marketing decisions moving forward, and provide the most effective media experience for every audience.
Get Started With Real Campaign ROI
Healthcare brands who go beyond standard campaign metrics are able to understand the full impact of their marketing dollars. Want to analyze all of your media tactics, no matter where you activate? Get in touch with your Lasso representative or get started with a platform demo.